General Tso's Chicken
This recipe could also be supplemented with sliced mushrooms and thinly sliced carrots
Servings 16 servings
- 3 cup chicken broth reduced-sodium
- 6 tbsp cornstarch
- 8 tbsp sugar
- 8 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 4 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 8 tsp peanut oil
- 8 scallion chopped
- 8 clove garlic minced
- 2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 4 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 2-inch pieces
- 6 cup white rice cooked
- In a medium bowl, whisk together broth, cornstarch, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar and ginger; set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallions, garlic and red pepper flakes; cook, stirring frequently, 2 minutes. Add chicken; sauté until browned all over, about 5 minutes.
- Add reserved sauce to pan and simmer until sauce thickens and chicken is cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Serve chicken and sauce over rice
Calories: 338kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 76mg | Sodium: 1029mg | Potassium: 90mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 150IU | Vitamin C: 4.1mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 2mg