Servings 4 servings
- 16 oz boneless skinless chicken breast
- 10 oz mushrooms sliced
- 2 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup lemon juice fresh
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup parsley minced
- 2 tbsp capers rinsed
- 1 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk 2 tbsp of flour and 1 cup of broth until smooth. Place the remaining flour in a shallow dish. Season chicken with salt and pepper, then dredge chicken in the flour.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with non-fat cooking spray and setover medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook until browned and no longer pink in the middle, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate; cover and keep warm.
- Place butter in the pan and set over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, until they release their juices and begin to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and wine to the pan and cook until reduced by half, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the reserved broth-flour mixture, the remaining cup of broth, the lemon juice, paprika, and additional salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring, until the sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in parsley and capers. Add in chicken breasts and let simmer on low for about 5 minutes. Serve chicken smothered in sauce, and topped with some additional chopped parsley
Calories: 233kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 896mg | Potassium: 432mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1900IU | Vitamin C: 40.4mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 2.5mg