Puffy Chocolate Chip Cookies
The Puffy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Servings 30 cookies
- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/4 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Combine the shortening, sugar, and brown sugar in the mixer's work bowl, and cream until light and fluffy. In the meantime, sift together the cake flour, salt, and baking powder and set aside.
- Add the eggs 1 at a time to the creamed mixture. Then add vanilla. Increase the speed until thoroughly incorporated.
- With the mixer set to low, slowly add the dry ingredients to the shortening and combine well. Stir in the chocolate chips. Chill the dough. Scoop onto parchment-lined baking sheets, 6 per sheet. Bake for 13 minutes or until golden brown and puffy, checking the cookies after 5 minutes. Rotate the baking sheet for even browning. Cool and store in an airtight-container.
Calories: 263kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 73mg | Potassium: 32mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 15IU | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 2.3mg