Tequila Lime Chicken
Servings 12 servings
- 4 limes
- 1 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeno sliced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro chopped
- 12 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 cups Monterey Jack Cheese grated
- Slice open the limes and squeeze the juice into a food processor or blender. Add the tequila, olive oil, salt, garlic, jalapenos and cilantro. Blend the mixture until totally combined. Add the chicken to a large plastic bag and pour in the lime-tequila mixture. Seal the bag and marinate in the fridge for several hours or overnight.
- Remove the chicken from the bag and grill it over medium-high heat. Rotate the chicken 45-degrees on both sides to create nice grill marks, and continue grilling until the chicken is cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Melt the Monterey Jack over the top of the sliced chicken breasts.
- Slice the chicken and serve it on a plate topped with the sides.
Calories: 407kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 148mg | Sodium: 963mg | Potassium: 85mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 600IU | Vitamin C: 11.6mg | Calcium: 310mg | Iron: 1.1mg