Slow Cooker Red Bean, Sausage and Rice Soup
Servings 8 servings
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 red onion chopped,
- 1 rib celery chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 15 oz canned kidney beans dark-variety, rinsed and drained
- 14 1/2 oz canned diced tomatoes undrained
- 9 oz cooked chicken sausage andouille-style, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 6 cup fat free chicken broth
- 1 cup white rice uncooked
- Place garlic, onion, celery, bell pepper, beans, tomatoes with their juices and sausage in a 5-quart slow cooker. Add thyme and pepper; stir well.
- Pour in broth and rice; stir again. Cover slow cooker and set on high power; cook for 4 hours. Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.
Calories: 172kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 1047mg | Potassium: 351mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 400IU | Vitamin C: 28.9mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 2.2mg