Quinoa and Spinach
Servings 8 servings
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion minced
- 1 medium clove garlic minced
- 1 cup quinoa uncooked, rinsed
- 2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth s
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper optional
- 4 cup fresh spinach baby leaves, packed, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until onion is tender, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add quinoa to skillet; cook, stirring frequently, until quinoa starts to turn golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Add broth, black pepper and red pepper flakes to skillet; bring to a boil. Cover skillet and reduce heat to low; simmer for 13 minutes. Stir in spinach, cover skillet and cook until spinach and quinoa are tender and liquid is absorbed, about 3 to 5 minutes; season with salt. Yields about 1/2 cup per serving.
Calories: 33kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 0.3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 274mg | Potassium: 115mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1400IU | Vitamin C: 7.4mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 0.4mg