Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle
No picture exists of us eating this, but we had it for our first Thanksgiving of being married in 2006. Mom, Dad and Jason joined us in Columbia that year. - Dan
Servings 20 servings
- 28 oz gingerbread mix
- 5.1 oz cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 30 oz pumpkin pie filling
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 teaspoon ground cardamom or cinnamon
- 12 oz frozen whipped topping
- 1/2 cup gingersnaps optional
- Bake the gingerbread according to the package directions; cool completely.
- Meanwhile, prepare the pudding and set aside to cool.
- Stir the pumpkin pie filling, sugar, and cardamom into the pudding.
- Crumble 1 batch of gingerbread into the bottom of a large, pretty bowl.
- Pour 1/2 of the pudding mixture over the gingerbread, then add a layer of whipped topping. Repeat with the remaining gingerbread, pudding, and whipped topping.
- Sprinkle of the top with crushed gingersnaps, if desired.
- Refrigerate overnight. Trifle can be layered in a punch bowl.
Calories: 297kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 392mg | Potassium: 246mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 35g | Vitamin A: 6550IU | Vitamin C: 2.5mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 2.5mg