Puckett's Piggy Mac
Servings 12 servings
Mac and Cheese
- 1 lb elbow noodles
- 1 lb American cheese shredded
- 3 cup whole milk
- 4 tbsp butter
- 3/4 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp white pepper
- 1/4 tbsp cajun spice
- 1/4 tbsp granulated garlic
- 1/4 cup asiago cheese
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 iron skillet
- 6 oz pulled pork BBQ
- 1 oz BBQ sauce
- 8 oz Macaroni & Cheese Prepared see recipe
- 1/8 cup gouda cheese shredded
- 2 tbsp Panko or Italian Bread Crumbs
- green onion for garnish
Mac and Cheese
- Cook elbow noodles to directions and drain.
- In a saucepan, bring your milk to a simmer.
- Add the butter to the milk and then slowly add the American cheese, whisking as you add it to allow to melt.
- Once the cheese is melted, add your dry spices and whisk.
- You can now pour the mixture over the drained, prepared noodles.
- Fold in the Asiago cheese and shredded Cheddar cheese at this time.
- Place the prepared pulled pork into a small iron skillet or casserole dish.
- Drizzle Puckett’s BBQ sauce over the pulled pork.
- Place the prepared mac ‘n’ cheese on top of the pulled pork.
- Sprinkle the shredded Gouda cheese on top of the mac ‘n’ cheese.
- Cover with bread crumb mixture.
- Place in a 350 degree oven for 5-7 minutes until the top is brown and the macaroni is bubbly. Remove from oven, garnish with green onion and serve.
Calories: 336kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 77mg | Sodium: 1301mg | Potassium: 290mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 750IU | Vitamin C: 2.5mg | Calcium: 390mg | Iron: 1.3mg