Potatoes au Gratin
Perfect Potatoes au Gratin
Servings 8 servings
- 4 russet potatoes Scrubbed Clean
- 2 Tablespoons butter Softened
- 1-1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 4 cloves garlic Finely Minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese Freshly Grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Smear softened butter all over the bottom of a baking dish.
- Slice potatoes, then cut slices into fourths.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together cream, milk, flour, minced garlic, salt, and plenty of freshly ground black pepper.
- Place 1/3 of the potatoes in the bottom of the baking dish. Pour 1/3 of the cream mixture over the potatoes.
- Repeat this two more times, ending with the cream mixture. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 20 minutes, or until potatoes are golden brown and really bubbling. Add grated cheese to the top of the potatoes and bake for 3 to 5 more minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Allow to stand for a few minutes before serving by the spoonful. Delicious!
Calories: 326kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 77mg | Sodium: 448mg | Potassium: 402mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 850IU | Vitamin C: 19.8mg | Calcium: 270mg | Iron: 0.9mg