Make sure to use 3 red bells
1/2 lb pasta (not 1)
Pasta with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Servings 4 servings
- 3 red bell pepper
- 2 tbsp Pine Nuts optional
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 whole medium Onion Finely Diced
- 2 cloves garlic Minced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- parsley Finely Minced
- Parmesan cheese Shaved Or Grated
- 1/2 pound Pasta Orecchiette, Penne, Fusilli, Etc.
- Roast red peppers, and then place in a Ziploc bag to allow to sweat. Peel the charred skins from the peppers, then removed seeds. Set aside.
- Lightly toast pine nuts in a skillet. Set aside.
- Puree peppers with pine nuts. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a skillet or pot over medium heat, drizzle in olive oil. Add diced onions and garlic and cook until soft. Pour in pepper puree and stir together. Add plenty of salt.
- Pour in cream and stir to combine. Taste and add more salt, if necessary. Add cooked pasta, and then stir together.
- Place pasta into a bowl, top with chopped parsley and plenty of shaved Parmesan.
Calories: 351kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 230mg | Potassium: 100mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 5900IU | Vitamin C: 243.4mg | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 1.8mg