Roasted Red Potatoes with Rosemary and Garlic
Oven Roasted Red Potatoes with Rosemary and Garlic
Servings 6 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds small new red potatoes scrubbed and dried, about 15
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tablespoon rosemary fresh, or 1 teaspoon dried
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pare a narrow strip of peel from the middle of each potato. In a large bowl mix the oil, garlic, and rosemary; add the potatoes and toss well. Transfer the potatoes to a shallow baking pan and roast until potatoes are tender when tested with the tip of a knife. Serve hot. These can also be chilled and served with fried chicken or ham.
- Scatter the potatoes around the pork and drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons oil; toss to mix. Season the pork and potatoes with salt and pepper. Roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the pork registers 150 degrees , about 1 hour. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with the potatoes.
Calories: 174kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 7mg | Potassium: 540mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 100IU | Vitamin C: 33mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 1.1mg