One Pan Wonder: Italian Sausages with WInter Squash
Servings 4 servings
- 1 lb rope sausage
- 1 winter squash halved ,seeded and cut into 1/4 in slices
- 1 in red onion cut in half and sliced, ½ inch slices
- 2-3 tablespoons oil
- 5 sage fresh, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese or Romano, grated, optional (omit for dairy-free or Whole 30)
- green onion sliced, or parsley, optional
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Put the squash and onion slices on the pan.
- Pour your oil/fat over the vegetables and toss around until coated.
- Season with salt and pepper and add your sage leaves.
- Add sausages to the pan. Roast for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Turn on the broiler and sprinkle Romano cheese all over. Broil for 3 minutes or until cheese and sausages are nice and browned.
- Top with green onions, if desired
Calories: 128kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 1892mg | Potassium: 181mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 550IU | Vitamin C: 9.9mg | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 0.5mg