Lemon-Sage Roast Turkey Breast
Servings 8 servings
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter softened, divided
- 3 Tbsp sage chopped, plush extra for garnish (optional)
- 1 Tbsp thyme chopped
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest grated, plus extra for garnish (optional)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 2 lb boneless skinless turkey breast
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 6 clove garlic large, unpeeled
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine 1½ tablespoons butter, sage, thyme, lemon zest, salt, and pepper in small bowl and mash with fork. Spread butter mixture all over turkey.
- Place turkey in small roasting pan or large ovenproof skillet; pour ¾ cup broth around turkey and add garlic cloves to pan. Roast turkey, uncovered,basting turkey and turning garlic cloves twice, until turkey is cooked through and instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part registers 165°F, about 45 minutes. Transfer turkey to cutting board, cover loosely with foil, and let rest 10−15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove garlic from pan. Peel garlic cloves. Place roasting pan or skillet with turkey drippings on stovetop over high heat; add garlic cloves, remaining ¾ cup broth, and lemon juice. Bring mixture to boil, scraping bottom of skillet to incorporate drippings; continue boiling until sauce reduces and thickens slightly, mashing garlic to blend into sauce, 2−3 minutes. Remove from heat and strain sauce into small bowl; swirl in remaining 1½ tablespoons butter until melted.
- Cut turkey into about 24 slices and arrange on serving platter; drizzle with any drippings from cutting board. Spoon sauce over turkey or serve on the side; garnish with more fresh lemon zest and chopped sage if desired.
Calories: 177kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 76mg | Sodium: 406mg | Potassium: 86mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 0.4g | Vitamin A: 600IU | Vitamin C: 7.4mg | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 2.9mg