Servings 8 servings
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound shrimp medium, peeled and deveined
- Creole seasoning recipe follows
- 1 chicken cut into 8 pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds andouille sausage cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups onion chopped
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons thyme fresh, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes chopped
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups white rice
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup green onion chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley chopped
- In a large Dutch oven, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over medium high heat.
- Season shrimp with Creole seasoning and saute until almost cooked through, about 4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove shrimp and set aside until later.
- Season chicken pieces with Creole seasoning. Add remaining olive oil to Dutch oven and when hot, add chicken pieces and saute until browned on both sides, about 8 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add sausage and cook until browned.
- Add onion, celery, bell pepper, garlic, bay leaves, cayenne and thyme and cook until vegetables are wilted, about 6 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and water and return chicken pieces to pot.
- Season with salt and pepper and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Add rice to pot, stir well and return to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover pot, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add shrimp, green onions and parsley to Dutch oven, mixing carefully, and continue to cook, covered, for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let sit 10 minutes before serving.
Calories: 505kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0.005g | Cholesterol: 199mg | Sodium: 1865mg | Potassium: 615mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 2500IU | Vitamin C: 95.7mg | Calcium: 140mg | Iron: 6.1mg