Herb Parsnip Fries
Servings 4 servings
- 1 pound parsnips peeled
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chives fresh, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley fresh, minced
- Preheat oven to 425F. Cut the parsnips into 1/4-inch thick matchsticks. Place in a large mixing bowl and toss with 2 teaspoons olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread the parsnips in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet and roast 20 minutes.
- Flip the fries and increase the heat to 450F. Roast an additional 5 minutes, keeping an eye on the fries to make sure they don’t burn. (Or, like me, let the ends get extra toasty!)
- Put the fries back in the mixing bowl and toss with the remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil, chives, and parsley. Taste and add more salt, if necessary. Devour immediately.
Calories: 120kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 254mg | Potassium: 488mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 950IU | Vitamin C: 45.4mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 1.1mg