Greek Lemon Pilaf
Servings 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons orzo pasta
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- In a heavy saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender.
- Add rice and orzo and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and lemon juice and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed.
- Fluff pilaf up with fork and stir in chopped parsley.
Calories: 151kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 76mg | Potassium: 117mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 750IU | Vitamin C: 24.8mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 1.1mg