Standing Rib Roast
Foolproof Standing Rib Roast
Servings 8 servings
- 5 lbs standing rib roast
- 1 tablespoon House Seasoning
- 1 cup salt
- 1/4 cup black pepper
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
- Allow roast to stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degree F. Rub roast with House Seasoning; place roast on a rack in the pan with the rib side down and the fatty side up.
- Roast for 1 hour. Turn off oven. Leave roast in oven but do not open oven door for 3 hours.
- About 30 to 40 minutes before serving time, turn oven to 375 degrees F and reheat the roast. Important: Do not remove roast or re-open the oven door from time roast is put in until ready to serve.
- Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
Calories: 791kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 76g | Fat: 49g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 21g | Cholesterol: 219mg | Sodium: 12801mg | Potassium: 1001mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin C: 3.3mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 9.2mg