Cornbread and Andouille Dressing
Servings 6 servings
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound andouille sausage chopped
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1 cup green onion chopped
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper chopped
- 3 tablespoons garlic minced
- 6 1/2 cups Jalapeno Corn Muffins crumbled, or other cornbread
- 1 tablespoon Emeril's Creole Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat and add the sausage. Cook, stirring as needed until browned, about 3 minutes. Add onion, green onion, celery, bell pepper and garlic and continue to cook 5 minutes longer, or until the vegetables have softened. Remove from the heat.
- Add the crumbled cornbread to a large bowl. Stir in the sausage and vegetables, Creole seasoning, salt, pepper, cayenne and chicken broth. Mix thoroughly.
- Brush a 1 1/2-quart casserole, 8 x 8-inch square pan, or 12-inch skillet with some of the melted butter. Drizzle the remaining butter over the cornbread mixture and stir to combine. Transfer the mixture to the casserole and bake in the oven for 50 minutes, stirring and scraping the bottom with a wooden spoon to distribute the browned bits and keep it from sticking every 20 minutes, until browned on top.
Calories: 719kcal | Carbohydrates: 66g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 43g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 119mg | Sodium: 1324mg | Potassium: 323mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 1400IU | Vitamin C: 45.4mg | Calcium: 140mg | Iron: 5.2mg