Cinnamon Swirl Pancakes
Servings 24 pancakes
- 150 g salted butter
- 150 g dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 300 g self-rising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 4 egg
- 300 ml buttermilk
- 2 pinch salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- Beat the butter, sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl so that it's completely smooth and sugar-lump free. Transfer this to a piping bag or sandwich bag and leave to one side.
- Measure the flour and baking powder into a clean bowl and crack in the eggs. Stir to mix them in, then keep whisking as you slowly add the buttermilk. Add a pinch of salt.
- Heat up a large, non-stick frying pan to a medium heat and rub with butter. Spoon a heaped tablespoon of pancake mixture into the pan and cook for 30 seconds.
- Snip the end off of the piping bag and squeeze a thin line in a spiral on top of the raw batter and leave for another 30 seconds. Flip the pancake over quickly and cook for just 30 seconds on that side.
- Transfer to a plate, wipe the pan clean with kitchen roll and repeat to make stacks more. Reheat the cooked pancakes for 30 seconds in a microwave if you prefer and serve with ample fresh berries.
Calories: 137kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0.01g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 366mg | Potassium: 13mg | Fiber: 0.1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 250IU | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 0.5mg