Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Makes 2 loaves
Servings 16 slices
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 egg
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans.
- In large bowl, combine flour, cocoa, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt, mix well.
- In separate bowl, combine sugar and eggs, beat until well blended.
- Add oil and vanilla; beat until combined.
- Stir in zucchini.
- Add flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Spoon evenly into loaf pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 55 to 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove bread from pans; cool completely on wire rack.
Calories: 511kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 14g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 221mg | Potassium: 237mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 34g | Vitamin A: 100IU | Vitamin C: 6.6mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 3.2mg