Summer’s 33rd birthday
Servings 24 servings
- 9 oz chocolate wafer cookies
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 32 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 egg large
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate melted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Assemble a 9-inch springform pan with the raised side of the bottom facing down.
- In a food processor, pulse cookies until finely ground. Add butter, and pulse to moisten. Transfer to prepared pan, and press crumbs firmly and evenly into the bottom. Place pan on a rimmed baking sheet; bake 10 minutes, and set aside.
- Wipe out bowl and blade of food processor. Add cream cheese, sugar, and salt; blend until smooth. With motor running, add eggs, then sour cream, and finally chocolate; blend filling until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- Wrap bottom half of springform pan in foil. Pour in filling; place in a roasting pan. Place roasting pan in oven. Pour in boiling water to come halfway up side of springform pan. Bake just until set, 1 hour. Turn oven off, and let cheesecake sit 1 hour in oven, without opening (this helps prevent cracking).
- Run a thin knife around the edge of the pan (this helps prevent cracking, too); leave in pan, and cool completely on wire rack. Cover loosely and refrigerate, at least 6 hours or up to overnight.
Calories: 333kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 89mg | Sodium: 232mg | Potassium: 128mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 700IU | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 1.3mg