Servings 8 servings
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 red bell pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 bunch green onion chopped
- 1/3 cup soy sauce gluten free if needed
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger grated
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper optional
- Preheat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Toss the chicken in the cornstarch.
- Cook the chicken in the skillet for 5 – 8 minutes, or until nearly cooked through. (Add a little water to the pan if needed to keep the chicken from sticking while cooking it).
- While the chicken is cooking, mix the sauce ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add the bell peppers and cashews to the skillet. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the sauce to the pan and reduce to medium low.
- Simmer for 3 – 5 minutes, or until the sauce reaches desired consistency.
- Remove from the heat and garnish with the green onions before serving.
Calories: 362kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 76mg | Sodium: 893mg | Potassium: 326mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 2000IU | Vitamin C: 86.6mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 3.1mg